Nigeria’s Aliko Dangote has retained his place as the richest man in Africa.
He remained number one on the newly released Forbes’ list of African billionaires. He, however, lost almost $2bn compared to his last year’s worth.
The list was released on Wednesday, Dangote’s estimated $10.3 billion net worth is nearly $2 billion less than a year ago.
Another Nigerian, Folorunsho Alakija was one of the billionaires, who suffered a drop in their net worth between last year and this year, as she held No 19 on the 20-man list.
The rating magazine reports that Alakija’s net worth dropped due to a decline in the value of one of Nigeria’s most productive oil fields.
Mike Adenuga, the owner of Globacom, emerged Africa’s 5th richest man. He is worth an estimated $9.2 billion.
Others are Nigeria’s cement mogul Abdulsamad Rabiu, who runs and owns the BUA Group, standing at number 16 on the list for the first time since 2015.
Here are the richest Africa’s Billionaires
1. Aliko Dangote – $12.2 billion net worth
2. Nicky Oppenheimer – $7.7 billion net worth
3. Johann Rupert – $7.2 billion net worth
4. Nassef Sawiris – $6.8 billion net worth
5. Mike Adenuga – $5.3 billion net worth
6. Naguib Sawaris – $4 billion net worth
7. Issad Regrab – $4 billion net worth
8. Koos Becker – $2.8 billion net worth
9. Mohamed Mansour – $2.7 billion net worth
10. Patrice Motsepe – $2.4 billion net worth